So Eurogamer will be hosting their September expo at Earls Court Exhibition Centre between Thursday 25th and Sunday 28th September. I’ll be there all 4 days and looking at the schedule, it’s going to be pretty packed with upcoming titles and developer sessions. So I have hand picked some of the games I really wish to get my hands on as well as developer sessions I don’t want to miss.
Take a peek at the full show floor games listing here.
Some of the larger publisher titles I wish to get some hands on time with include:
- Dead Island 2 (Priority) - Deep Silver
- Battlefield: Hardline - EA
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - 2K Games
- Cloudbuild - Rising Star Games
- Crimes & Punishments: Sherlock Holmes - Deep Silver
- Dying Light - Warner Bros.
- Elite Dangerous - Frontier Developments
- Escape Dead Island (possibly) - Deep Silver
- Evolve - 2K Games
- Fable Legends - Microsoft Studios
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Square Enix
- LittleBigPlanet 3 - Sony Computer Entertainment
- Lords of the Fallen - Square Enix
- The Evil Within - Bethesda
- The Order: 1866 - Sony Computer Entertainment
- Tri - Rising Star Games
- Tulpa - Rising Star Games
- Until Dawn - Sony Computer Entertainment
Fitting them in will depend on queuing times so will prioritise those I really wish to try (marked in bold).
REZZED - INDIE SHOWCASE
The Rezzed area this year looks bigger than ever with a shit-ton of indie titles available for a little hands on. I’ll be aiming to try some of those which grab my attention as I scout the area as well as these particular devs/publishers:
- Volume (priority) - Mike Bithell
- Adventure Box (interview) - Happy L-Lord AB
- Flockers (discuss) - Team 17
- The Escapists (discuss) - Team 17
- Schrodingers Cat - Team 17
- Overruled (discuss) - Team 17
- Penarium - Team 17
- Beyond Eyes - Team 17
- Tango Fiesta (discuss) - Mastertronic
- Dream - Mastertronic
- Bit Brawlers - tinyBuild Games
- Calvino Noir - Calvino Noir Limited
- Flame On - Laughing Jackal
- Gauntlet - Warner Bros.
- LA Cops (discuss) - Modern Dream
- Lumino City - State of Play
- Never Alone (Priority) - E-Line Media
- Soul Axiom - Wales Interactive
- Omega Agent - Fireproof Studios
- TerraTech - Payload Studios
- The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle - Rumpus Animation
- The Room Three - Fireproof Studios
- Verdun: 1914-1918 - BlackMill Games
Now some of these I have on Steam already via the Early Access program so will take this opportunity to hopefully discuss things I like/dislike so far and what improvements are planned. Any devs wanting to discuss their games while I play or have a mini interview can let me know, otherwise I’m sure to just ask as few questions if I spot you.
There are plenty of developer sessions going on during EGX. I am skipping some for my most anticipated story based games for sake of avoiding spoilers. Those I miss can be watched via the EGX Twitch channel so I should be able to catch up on the Monday. The sessions I will be hoping to attend are:
Thursday 25th September
- 12:00 - Dead Island 2
- 13:00 - Dragon Age: Inquisition (maybe)
- 15:00 - Roll7 - New announcement
- 18:00 - Never Alone
Friday 26th September
- 17:00 - Nuclear Throne
- 18:00 - Battlefield: Hardline (maybe)
Saturday 27th September
- 16:00 - Volume
- 17:00 - Evolve
Sunday 28th September
- 12:00 - Dying Light
- 13:00 - Hellblade
- 16:00 - Tearaway
The full schedule of developer sessions can be found here.
Let’s also not forget the peeps from SpecialEffect who hopefully have a stand showcasing some of the amazing tech used to help some of their disabled users get access to the world of gaming which drastically enhances their social lives and gives them chance to become more inclusive. There’s also some of the retailers I’ll be checking out such as my friends over at Insert Coin Clothing, who’ll be running their biggest event booth ever this year.
A recent addition to the show is Koei Tecmo’s showing of their upcoming Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on the PlayStation stage. This is the first time the game is being shown in the UK and they have prizes up for grabs for those who get involved.
I will be making my way there for the Thursday 2pm showing, Friday 2:45pm and possibly Saturday 2:45pm should anyone from the KT Family community wish to meet up and watch a few bouts.
As you can see, it’s going to be a pretty busy weekend. I hope to get it all in though as mentioned before, due to queues etc, time will be limited.
I’ll be sure to post up my highlights, interviews and talks either on my own blog here or over on the gamrs blog once the weekend is over.
If you are about and spot my mug around the show floor, don’t be shy and come say hello. Be sure to introduce yourself as I can’t remember faces of all peeps from social media. I’ll likely pop up a daily selfie in the morning like I did last year so you can easily identify me.